Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

And we're off...

10 April 2009

It took us three days to decide what to do, where to go to, or even if to go away at all. Remember: JD is currently almost unable to make a decision due to her brain having been fried by radiotherapy and steroids. Me, with my ADHD, I am never able to make a decision anyway so there we were, two indecisive people trying to make a decision. But this morning we finally managed to make a decision: we are away this Easter weekend. Yippie.

The decision was finally made when looking for a nice hotel in Derbyshire. We came across the website of The Buckingham Hotel in Buxton (yes, Buxton of the water). Their website is so weird that we jsut had to take a closer look. One of the first things I noticed was a little Gay Friendly badge on the site. I have never stayed in a Gay Friendly hotel as I never actually think about it but somehow it is nice to know they won't be surprised or taken aback when we turn out to have booked the double room on purpose, rather than the receptionist saying: are you sure you did not want the Twin Bed room instead? In fact, when I rang for the reservation, the receptionist asked for the name of 'my lady friend'. Bless her.

Should be nice to be away for a few days (2 nights) and hopefully let go of some of the stress of the past few weeks/months. Even if it is only 2 days.

Since they have free wireless internet at the hotel, I'll probably write a blog or Twitter updates on how things are going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment