Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

Our Favourite Adventure

30 June 2011

I wanted to play this at Jane's funeral but in the end, I put the lyrics in the Order of Service. It really is the most beautiful love song; cheerful, funny and full of optimism. We went to see K's Choice in London last year. They were wonderful and Jane absolutely loved it.






There you are
Your beauty consoles me
I've gone far
And I almost didn't find you
And I almost lived without you
There is nothing in this world
I'd rather do
Than live in you

Here we go,
Our favorite adventure
You should know
I was never more complete
And I never thought I'd see
The meaning of my life
Wrapped in you
Next to me

If you ever fear
Someday we might lose this
Come back here
To this moment that will last
And time can go so fast
When everything's exactly
Where it's at
Its very best

K's Choice - Favorite Adventure

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Ah, yes, a funeral.

Funerals's always finish a chapter, but they don't close the book...

Kathy said...

I thought this might interest you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distress_in_Cancer_caregiving

Dutchcloggie said...

That link does not really take me anywhere....? Did you miss out a part of it?

Kathy said...

You're right, Marieke.

Even though I put the www in that I'd left out, it wouldn't link into the Wikipedia page by clicking on the link, so I had to type it into the address bar. Even then, it only came up as an option to click on.

I'll give you the full address anyway:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distress_in_Cancer_caregiving

With apologies

Stacey said...

I just want to leave you a note to say you are an incredibly brave woman. To have the strength and determination to blog through Jane's journey as well as your own takes a woman with much fortitude. Hold on to that inner strength. Your going to need it for a bit longer. I speak from experience as I lost my love Martha Oct of 2008. I know what kind of strength this takes and you have it. So hold on, you're going to be ok.

Dutchcloggie said...

Stacey, thank you for your kind comment. I am actually doing fairly well and would say I am almost functioning normally. Perhaps this is related to Jane having been ill for so long so there already was a long, slow, almost unnoticed mourning process going on. That is not to say I am not absolutely gutted.

I hope you are doing ok too. Thanks again.

Post a Comment