Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

I would have loved you anyway by Trisha Yearwood

06 August 2011

If I'd've known the way that this would end
If I'd've read the last page first
If I'd've had the strength to walk away
If I'd've known how this would hurt

I would've loved you anyway
I'd do it all the same
Not a second I would change
Not a touch that I would trade
Had I known my heart would break
I'd've loved you anyway

It's bittersweet to look back now
At memories withered on a vine
Just to hold you close to me
For a moment in time

I would've loved you anyway
I'd do it all the same
Not a second I would change
Not a touch that I would trade
Had I known my heart would break
I'd've loved you anyway

Even if I'd seen it comin'
You'd still have seen me runnin'
Straight into your arms

I would've loved you anyway
I'd do it all the same
Not a second I would change
Not a touch that I would trade
Had I known my heart would break
I would've loved you anyway
I would've loved you anyway

=====

People look down on country music because it is simple, down to earth. But although the performance is often too overly sentimental for my liking, I often find the straight forwardness of the lyrics refreshing yet comforting. It is how those of us who don't think in metaphores might describe their feelings. If I had ANY songwriting talent, I would have written this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Stephanie and my husband, Frank age 31, died on May 16 of a malignant brain tumor that metastasized. I saw your posts on ywbb ( i read but can't bring myself to post) and followed you here. As a fellow widow I totally relate to many of the things you are feeling. Just wanted you to know that there are others out in the world who understand and send positive thoughts your way.

Dutchcloggie said...

Hi Stephanie. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and say hello. I am sorry for your loss. Too much pain in the world. Too many brain tumours.

Post a Comment