Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

Lurking in the dark

15 September 2011

I open a book and find a note.

I open a cupboard and see the jar of strawberry jam and I am reminded of how I used to make her toast with jam and an egg in the morning when she came out of the hospital.

I turn the tv on and her favourite show is on.

This morning I opened a suitcase to get the winter duvet out. And in the side pocket I found these.


Reminders are lurking all around my life. They are waiting in the dark, ready to jump out at me at unexpected moments. They try to make me cry. Most of the time they succeed.

But this time they failed! I did not cry. Instead I smiled and thought of the great trip we had.

1 comments:

hodders said...

I'm pleased for you.

Post a Comment