Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

An unexpected encounter

10 September 2011

Today I gave a pile of books away. Lesbian trashy stuff that the hospice charity shop would probably not sell.
Note
As I piled them in to a bag for my friend, I thought I might keep a few back to read again. They are rubbish little romance books so I figured they might help me go to sleep. So I kept a random few of them back to read again, eventhough I had not looked at them for years.

This evening I picked one up to read before going to sleep. A story of a young woman who meets an older woman who has lost her partner to cancer and against the odds, they fall in love, blah blah blah. Mills & Boon for lesbians.

After about 20 minutes I turned the page and found this hidden in the book. A picture and a note from Jane: "I love you. Missing you lots. Jane Xxxx" Clearly left there for me when were were apart for a night due to work or University.

It had been sitting there for at least 5 years and I nearly gave the book away. A book about someone who finds love after loss. Some would say it is a sign. I say it is coincidence. Either way, my heart gave a little (actually quite a big one) lurch when I turned the page and suddenly saw her face.

I love you. Missing you lots. Marieke Xxxx

5 comments:

HB said...

Coincidence or sign, either way, how lovely. HB from PG xxx

megan said...

too precise to be random. That is a nice one.

Dutchcloggie said...

Nah. Totally random. I don't recall a ghost using the printer to print off a picture of Jane and writing something on it. We used to leave eachother notes in unexpectedplaces all the time so I was bound to find one or two. But still, it was very nice.

megan said...

oh, I don't mean ghosties. Just such lovely precise timing, is all. I found a note from matt a few months after he drowned that I'd not seen before. I don't think he ghost-wrote it, just was lovely to find.

Dutchcloggie said...

Yeah it was lovely but a bit of a shock. I have no idea until i turned the page so suddenly she was there. My heart went all funny. I guess thungs like that are the risk you take by being a couple that leaves eachother notes everywhere...:)

Post a Comment