Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

Christmas without You: A walk through the snow

22 December 2011

Liefie,

Saw my first bit of proper National Park today. We drove to the Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument, about an hour out of the city. It was snowing heavily and at some point we weren't sure if it was safe to hiking once we got there. I am very glad we persevered though.
It was really lovely. Wrapped up warm, we hiked through the canyon for a couple of hours. You would have loved it. Although I know you were also prone to a bout of laziness so not sure if you would have enjoyed the long walk :-) I do recall a few times when we were on holiday when we drove somewhere for a walk, only for you to look around after leaving the car and saying: Seen it, now let's have tea somewhere, I don't fancy this long walk. I secretly loved your laziness because often I would think the same thing but did not want to say it :-)

Either way...the snow was lovely and cold. On the way back to the car, I walked ahead of A & M and had a bit of a cry. I missed you so much and I was so sad you were not able to share this with me. That I could not share my excitement with you. That I could not walk hand in hand with you whilst smiling and admiring nature.

A. caught up with me and silently took my hand. We walked hand in hand for a while. I guess we were both missing you.

In the evening, we went to a basketball game for the University of New Mexico. Quite the experience. The singing of the national anthem, people standing with their hands on their hearts. Certainly more fun than going to a university game in England!




M. is putting up tinsel and lights around the house, Paul McCartney is simply having a wonderful christmas time, there is snow on the ground, I am with your friend in New Mexico. I miss you terribly.

I love you.

xx

2 comments:

terryd said...

I honor your messages to your BouncyBean, and think they are wafting up, and healing you and mebbe bringing you more vibes from her.

And I also admire the humor in your comments about us/we who are american. I hope to visit europe someday to see those differences.

terryd said...

Mele Kalikimake

Post a Comment