Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

You no longer died this year

31 December 2011

Liefie,

In a few hours it will be 2012. The start of a year in which you were never even alive. That is a thought I can barely comprehend. A year where nothing will have any memories we made together.

From then on, when people ask, I will have to say "My wife died last year". That makes it sound like it was all so long ago. People will start to feel sorry for me but also start feeling that I must obviously be well on the way to 'moving on' because after all, it will be 'last year' instead of 'a few months ago'.

I don't care if it was a few hours, days, weeks, months or years ago that you died. Because part of me died with you. And like you never forget the day you were born, you also never forget the day you die.

xx

1 comments:

terryd said...

Wishing you a new year filled with the best memories and the best healing you can have.

Post a Comment