Bunny who?

Why? Who? What's this blog about? It's about MEEEE!

Being a Widow

My experience of dealing with grief as a widow

Astrocytoma

About Jane's brain tumour journey: Astrocytoma.co.uk
 

My life is hard

02 May 2013

OK, this is in Dutch and will be lost on most people. But after yesterday's blog post full of self-pity, I have been playing this song a lot to make me feel better. We all know people like this; people who constantly complain their life is soooo much harder than yours. Everything they do is difficult and a drama. I translated the lyrics but most of the fun lies in her performance. When she sings "Ik heb een heel zwaaaar leveeeen" it means: I have a life that is veeeerrrryyyy haaaard".



I have a very hard life
Yes, really very hard
Everything is very difficult for me

It is truly a very hard life for me
No, no, really, very hard
Life is simply incredibly hard for me

For me, nothing is ever just easy
So I am often tired
So many things are so difficult
That I just don't do them
And when I do do something
It is often not appreciated
And because of that
Many other things automatically go wrong too

I can often not help other people
Because I have some kind of pain somewhere
Which upsets me of course
Because I would love to be there
Of course I would prefer
To always be there for others
But they will just have to understand
That my life is really hard

I have a very hard life
Yes, really very hard
Difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult

It is truly a very hard life for me
No, no, really, very hard
Life is simply incredibly hard for me

I am quite often forced to cancel
Appointments at the last minute
When people have already made dinner
But hey, I am just suddenly very tired
I feel they should just understand
That I have a very hard life
In their life, the tide is always high
And for me it is mostly low

Sometimes I am at the check-out
Where everything is "quick, quick, quick"
When I realise I have forgotten something
And I have to go all the way back
People have to wait, which they don't like
But at least it gives them the opportunity to see
How hard it is to be me

I have a very hard life
Yes, really very hard
Difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult, difficult

It is truly a very hard life for me
No, no, really, very hard
Life is simply incredibly hard for me

I really do take life as it comes
But quite often it simply does not come at all
And I just sit there waiting, which makes me really sad
Happiness comes free and easy to some people
I don't understand why God has distributed it so unevenly

And later, when I am on my death bed, and when I am in my grave
Then I'll think: It was so hard, I am glad it is over
And people will say in their eulogies: It is true
Life for that poor woman was incredibly hard

1 comments:

Post a Comment